Monday, March 28, 2011

The Goddess - Part One

A wry smile creeps across my face as I watch her. The curve of her breasts rising and falling as she waits anxiously for the result. She brushes a wisp of unruly hair from her face in a smooth, elegant fashion. She doesn't want to ruin this moment, the culmination of hard work and passion, a celebration of her desire to succeed. The pregnant pause seems to linger longer than ever before, I giggle nervously for her and remember our time together, before she became the face that everyone recognised and the body everyone wanted to caress....

Her eyes sparkled and her laugh reverberated right through me; she looked like a goddess that night, that special night of drinks, good food and our passionate encounter. She did not realise it at the time, but I knew she would make it, be successful in the career she was tentatively carving out for herself. I knew she would move on and I was happy for her.

I watched her that night, sitting one leg crossed over the other, her silky dress accentuating every sensual curve of her body and steadily rising up her thigh with every giggle and sip of her drink. I'd wanted her from the very moment I'd met her, dared to speak to her and now, this eventful evening, I would be allowed my only chance to touch her soft skin and drink in every smell and sound and taste she exuded.

"The same again ladies?" The barman grinned as he held the cocktail shaker expectantly awaiting our next round of drinks. "Yes please" I replied, but his gaze was distracted by her, and he cheekily winked as he set to work on our next alcoholic delights. "Ooh I think someone's got an admirer" I teased. "Huh, he can look all he likes, I'm not interested. I've got my eyes on someone else tonight". As she uttered the words, my heart skipped a beat and I stopped breathing momentarily. Someone else? That could only mean one of two things. I instinctively looked around and saw a sea of bodies, the dancefloor heaving with the throng of the evening's revellers. "Who is he?" I asked hurridly, my eyes scanning for someone who might have caught her eye. I felt a hand rest on my knee and I swung back round again. "Stop looking, because you won't see them" she said, her eyes dancing with a wicked glee. The second option then, it has to be, I thought as she gently squeezed her grip on my leg and my mind started to race.

The next few hours passed by quickly, drinks flowing and laughs abound as we giggled, chatted and drank our way onto the dancefloor. Many men joined in with our dancing and although she let them amuse her briefly, she would always find a way to brush them aside to continue dancing with me. Curling an arm around my waist and pulling me in close to her body, she said "I think its time we made a move, there's more fun things I want to be doing right now!" And with that, I was whisked away out of the thudding beat of the nightclub to the bracing cold air outside, where we managed to hail a cab within seconds, and told the driver to take us to her flat "the quickest way possible!". If only he had looked in his rear view mirror....

No comments:

Post a Comment